kMSt ver. 1.2.411 – Thief Hero: Phantom!
The new job Phantom has been released into Tespia!! As well, there are nerfs to the three jobs released in Legend, and some other interesting things you might want to see! Check past the cut!
There is also information about Phantom’s character creation, a tour of Crystal Garden, and the ins and outs of his Steal Skill ability!
Please note that all values are taken from the maximum level and that since this is in Tespia, many skill icons are just placeholders! As always, thanks to Fiel of Southperry for both animations and skill icons (except for the Beginner skills)!
- Return of Phantom: Return to Phantom’s flying ship, Crystal Garden.
- Deadly Instinct: Phantom’s insight allows him to spot flaws, permanently increase your critical chance by 10%. (Link Skill)
- Phantom Shroud: Hide behind a veil of cards and move quickly around a map without being hit. Use the arrow keys to choose which direction to move in.
- High Dexterity: Phantom has great dexterity and insight, permanently increase your DEX by 40, start with level 20 Craft and Insight.
- Steal Skill: Use this skill to enter Steal Mode, use the mouse to choose an Adventurer within the same map to steal a skill. You cannot steal a specific skill.
- Skill Management: Use the mouse to choose which skill to use with Talent of Phantom Thief and which skills to discard.
- Judgement: When the Card Stack is full, the entire Stack is used up and a random Card is chosen. Receive a buff depending on which Card you get. (Fortune Card – 20% critical chance increase, Misfortune Card – 40% item drop rate increase, Endurance Card – 20% resistance to states and elements increase, Drain Card – 5% of your damage will recover HP)
- Double Piercing: Quickly attack up to 4 enemies in front of you for 101% damage twice. (max level: 20)
- Talent of Phantom Thief Ⅰ: Stolen adventurer’s first job skill. If the skill has a passive effect, you do not receive that passive effect. You can change the settings of your stolen skills in Skill Management. Stolen skills will not exceed level 20. (max level: 20)
- Swift Phantom: While in the air, you can jump a certain distance (distance will increase as skill level increases). Passively increase your speed by 35, your maximum speed by 20, and your jump by 20. (max level: 15)
- Quick Evasion: Increase your base avoid permanently by 30%. (max level: 10)
- Call of Fate: Throw Phantom’s secondary weapon, Cards, forward to attack up to 2 enemies for 120% damage 3 times. (max level: 20)
- Talent of Phantom Thief Ⅱ: Stolen adventurer’s second job (or lower) skill. If the skill has a passive effect, you do not receive that passive effect. You can change the settings of your stolen skills in Skill Management. Stolen skills cannot exceed level 20. (max level: 20)
- Breeze Carte: Throw a wave of cards to push back up to 10 enemies in front of you and hit them for 320% damage. (max level: 20)
- Blanc Carte: Whenever Phantom has a critical hit, there is a 60% chance that enemies will be automatically hit by a Card for 160% damage. The Card Stack will be increased by 1. (max level: 20)
- Cane Mastery: Increase your mastery over the Cane by 50% and your accuracy by 200. (max level: 20)
- Cane Booster: Increase the speed of your weapon by 2 stages for 240 seconds. (pre-requisite: 5 Cane Mastery) (max level: 20)
- Luck Monopoly: Permanently increase your LUK by 40. (max level: 10)
- Coat of Arms: Quickly cut up to 8 enemies in front of you for 170% damage 4 times. (max level: 20)
- Talent of Phantom Thief Ⅲ: Stolen adventurer’s third job (or lower) skill. If the skill has a passive effect, you do not receive that passive effect. You can change the settings of your stolen skills in Skill Management. Stolen skills will not exceed level 20. (max level: 20)
- Luck of Phantom Thief: If you were to die while this buff was active, your HP would be restored and the buff would be consumed instead. Passively increase your LUK by 60. There is a cooldown of 300 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Misfortune Protection: For 240 seconds, protect yourself from misfortune by increasing your HP and MP by 30% and your resistance to states and elements by 40%. (max level: 20)
- Moonlight: Using the power of the blue moon, increase your attack by 30 and your accuracy by 200 for 240 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Phantom Charge: Rush up to 10 enemies and hit them for 250% damage 2 times, then shortly after moving hit them with a crescent moon cut for 220% damage 3 times. You can link Breeze Carte after this attack, and if you do, Breeze Carte’s delay will be reduced. Passively increase Breeze Carte’s damage by 50%. (max level: 20)
- Acute Sense: Permanently increase your chance to hit a critical by 50%.
- Ultimate Drive: Continuously attack up to 6 enemies in front of you with your Cane for 85% damage, you can move while holding the skill key down but your walking speed will be decreased while using it. (max level: 30)
- Talent of Phantom Thief Ⅳ: Stolen adventurer’s fourth job (or lower) skill. If the skill has a passive effect, you do not receive that passive effect. You can change the settings of your stolen skills in Skill Management. Stolen skills will not exceed level 30. (max level: 30)
- Noir Carte: Whenever Phantom has a critical hit, there is a 100% chance that enemies will be automatically hit by a Card for 220% damage. The Card Stack will be increased by 1. Passively increase evasion rate by 20%. (pre-requisite: 20 Blanc Carte) (max level: 20)
- Twilight: Jump back and attack up to 10 enemies with powerful Cards for 330% three times. You can link Phantom Charge after this attack, and if you do, Phantom Charge’s delay will be reduced. Passively increase Phantom Charge”s damage by 50%. (max level: 20)
- Pray of Aria: Aria’s prayers allow you to ignore 30% of an enemy’s defense and increases your damage by 30% for 240 seconds. (max level: 30)
- Tempest of Cards: A growing storm of powerful Cards attacks up to 12 enemies around Phantom for 370% damage continuously. There is a cooldown of 8 seconds. (max level: 30)
- Cane Expert: Increase your Cane Mastery to 70%, your attack by 30, and your minimum critical damage by 15%. (pre-requisite: 20 Cain Mastery) (max level: 30)
- Soul Steal: Steal the buffs of up to 12 monsters around you. If the monster has no buff, there is no effect. If you steal an attack related buff, you receive a 40 attack boost. If you steal a defense related buff, you reduce your damage taken by 40%. If you steal a damage reflection buff, you reflect 600% of the damage you take. If you steal an invincibility buff, you receive temporary invincibility. There is a cooldown of 60 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Maple Warrior: Increases all players’ stats within the party by 15% for 900 seconds. (max level: 30)
- Hero’s Will: By focusing your mind, you can ignore abnormal status effects. There is a cooldown of 360 seconds. (max level: 5)
- Flash Jump: can now be activated by pressing the Jump key in the air
- Shadow Partner: damage copied has been increased from 50% to 70%
- Shadow Web (Hermit): DoT duration has been increased from 6 seconds to 8 seconds
- Energy Charge (Buccaneer): duration has been increased from 30 seconds to 60 seconds, speed has been increased from 30 to 50
- Slug Shot: damage has been decreased from 220% to 180%
- Monkey Rush Boom: initial damage has been decreased from 50% to 40%, explosion damage has been decreased from 300% to 250%
- Cannon Spike: damage has been decreased from 260% to 170%
- Monkey Wave: damage has been decreased from 1000% to 760%
- Cannon Bazooka: damage has been decreased from 650% to 600%
- Magnetic Anchor: damage has been decreased from 500% to 300%, self destruction damage has been decreased from 620% to 420%
- Cannon Buster: damage has been decreased from 305% to 285%
- Final Shot: damage has been decreased from 90% to 60%
- Final Attack: Dual Bowgun: damage has been increased from 75% to 150%
- High Kick Demolition: damage has been decreased from 120% to 100%, Charge Drive’s damage boost has been decreased from 30% to 20%
- Strike Dualshot: damage has been decreased from 126% to 115%
- Unicorn Spike: damage has been decreased from 150% to 140%
- Legendary Spear: damage has been decreased from 572% to 520%
- Lightning Edge: damage has been decreased from 435% to 405%
- Rolling Moonsault: damage has been decreased from 190% to 170%
- Death Curse: instant death chance has been decreased from 5% to 1%
- Soul Eater: damage has been decreased from 150% to 100%
- Outrage: critical chance boost has been decreased from 20% to 10%
- Demon Slash 1st Upgrade: damage boost has been decreased from 40% to 20%
- Dark Judgement: damage has been decreased from 300% to 150%
- Demonic Breath: damage has been decreased from 169% to 140%, DoT has been decreased from 135% to 115%
- Dark Endure: resistance to states and elements boost has been decreased from 80% to 60%
- Demon Explosion: damage has been decreased from 335% to 235%
- Demon Impact: damage has been decreased from 400% to 240%, defense ignored while attacking a boss has been decreased from 50% to 30%
- Dark Bind: damage has been decreased from 900% to 700%, DoT has been decreased from 200% to 140%
This is the new character creation screen! You can see they put a large emphasis on both Phantom and the new Thief and Pirate classes! If you were going to ask, Dual Blader, Cannon Shooter, Mercedes, and Demon Slayer are not on here because in Korean MapleStory, they are time-limited jobs and only can be created during certain periods of time.
Also, as a note, the rest of these pictures aren’t going to be cropped either because I’m lazy and I want to get this information out fast!
This is the screen that appears when you choose to create Phantom. You can choose between a male or female Phantom, just like the jobs that came out during the Legend update!
You can then choose between two hairs, two eyes, and any hair colour! That was unexpected. After this, you’re done! However, currently in Tespia there are absolutely no storyline quests for Phantom, not even a tutorial! Mr. Goldstein in Lith Harbor handles advancements and levelling you up to 10.
This is Phantom’s own airship, Crystal Garden! I really like it, it looks really good! Plus the name is awesome too, haha.
You’ll then enter the Central Hall. Here you’ll find the weapon and pot sellers, as well as Alfred, your butler! From here you can enter the rest of the rooms in Crystal Garden.
This is the Cockpit, with the captain of the ship!
This is Phantom’s Bedroom. Isn’t it nice? It’s on a fountain! Plus there’s the first maid, Cinnamon. This guy just keeps getting cooler and cooler.
This is the Training Center Entrance, with maid number 2, Cream. I suspect that this place will be used in the tutorial, there are two rooms, one with Orange Mushrooms and the other with Stumps.
This is the Warehouse, where Phantom stores all of his stolen goods! There’s also the storage person, but who cares? Look at all of those mesos!
Finally, this is the Information Office. I guess these people will give Phantom his quests, Christine and Mao, the information analysts. There’s also the third maid, Chocolat.
Now here’s the part you’ve been waiting for, how does the Phantom’s ability to steal skills even work? Well, it’s actually very simple! First, you use your beginner skill Steal Skill. Your mouse will turn into a cross hair, this is called Steal Mode! You must then click on an Adventurer in your map (yup, you can only steal skills from Adventurers)!
Clicking on an adventurer will open up the Target Skill window. This is where you choose which skills you want to steal! There are a couple of drawbacks, you cannot steal passive skills or summons. Also, you can only steal skills from jobs in which you have gotten points into the Talent of Phantom Thief skill.
Once you’re done, you can see your stolen skills by using the Skill Management beginner skill! As you can see, there’s a limited number of skills you can have each job. 4 for first and second job, 3 for third, and 2 for fourth. Once you steal a skill, it will stay with you until you yourself choose to delete it. It doesn’t matter if the target leaves the map, if you log off, or anything! Also, if you ever run out of room for new skills, you can right click one of them and choose Delete.
The level of the skills you steal depends firstly on the level that the person you stole it from had. If they had level 1 Hyper Body, you would only ever have 1 Hyper Body unless you found another Dark Knight to steal it from. Secondly, it depends on your Talent of Phantom Thief skill (each job respectively). If your Talent of Phantom Thief II skill is at level 13 (like mine was in this screenshot), then any skill you stole would be a maximum of level 13, no matter the skill level that the person you stole it from had.
Note, each Talent skill is seperate, they’re not upgrades. You can have all 4 on your keyboard at the same time~
You can choose one of your stolen skills to be set to your skill window. Your Talent skill will then change icons to the skill you choose here! However, if you switch set skills after using it, the first set skill (if it was a buff) will go away (meaning the effects will not be active anymore). For example, if I used Haste then switched my set skill to Magic Claw, my Haste effect would go away.
Stolen party skills will work on party members, and even better, the restriction I stated above about changed skills being nullified does not apply to your party members (their effects WILL stay if you change your set skill), therefore Phantom is the ultimate buff mule! You better choose your favourite 4 first and second job buffs, 3 third job buffs, and 2 fourth job buffs if you’re planning on using one as a mule~
These are Phantom’s Canes. They go from level 10 all the way to level 130! Some of the names are French, just like some of his skills~
Phantom also has his Cards, which act as a secondary weapon just like Mercedes’ Magic Arrows! The level 10 one is called Magi Carte, the level 30 one is Phantasma Carte, the level 70 one is called Teleo Carte, and finally the level 120 one is called Dernier Carte. The last one is appropriately named, Last Card, haha.
As soon as you get one point into the skill Blanc Carte, the Card Stack will appear on the side of your screen! Whenever the effects of Blanc Carte (or Noir Carte in fourth job) activate, the number of cards in your Card Stack will increase by 1! I’m going to assume that once you get one point into Noir Carte, the number of cards increases to 40. Remember that once your Card Stack is full, the skill Judgement is used!
Also, two interesting NPCs have been added. The first is Aria, you may recognize her from one of Phantom’s skills, Pray of Aria! Could she be Phantom’s friend who died and motivated him to become a hero?
The second is Su, also known as Orca’s twin! Finally he/she is revealed! It’s now confirmed that the Black Wings member introduced in Inkwell’s Secret Diary is none other than Su!
New worlds called Justice and Raven will be added!
Thieves and pirates will receive a free SP Reset, if they were created before this patch. In addition, Pirates will be able to receive their own Riding skill! I wonder what it is~ Vipers receive Super Transform and Captains receive Battleship as their mounts! As you can see, it gives 170% speed and 120% jump.
Similar to the Legend Festival and the Shop of Legend, the Justice Festival has begun! You can collect Justice Coins to buy items from the new NPC, David~
Neo City has been reorganized, the monsters’ stats and quests have been changed. A new Time Traveller’s Laurel has been added, which gives 10 to all stats, 200 HP, MP, defense, and magic defense, 400 accuracy, and 100 avoid. There are now scrolls for the Laurel as well!
Super Fight and the Battle Square are temporarily closed. You can trade in BP at Maximus, and buy the items sold by Larson at Inkwell. Proofs now drop from monster level 50 and over. Does this mean an incoming Super Fight revamp?
P.S. Here’s a high quality drawing of Phantom, straight from Inkwell’s Secret Diary!
P.P.S. The MapleStory homepage was updated, and I was able to get this new image! Now you can have the MapleStory Justice update as your wallpaper!