Originally, the thief hero, Phantom, was a famous thief, able to steal anything he wanted. However, the death of a loved one (Aria, a previous Empress), led him on the path of the hero!
This video features Phantom’s past, including the death of Aria and Phantom joining the rest of the heroes!
This is the new character creation screen, putting a large emphasis on the classes changed/added in Justice! Phantom has 1 Rate of Growth and 3 Potential, Flexibility, and Difficulty.
Like the classes added in the Legend update, you can choose either gender when you create a Phantom.
Phantom’s base is the flying ship Crystal Garden! It hosts his many maids and also his butler Alfred. It allows him to move discretely throughout the Maple World. By talking to the Captain, Crystal Garden will fly to any destination Phantom desires.
Phantom’s tutorial involves him going undercover in Ereb, during a conference with one of the Black Mage’s commanders, Hilla. Hilla gives Cygnus the treasure of Ereb, the Skaia, a jewel that is said to glow in the hands of an Empress. However, it does not glow when Cygnus holds it, and Hilla insists that she is the rightful Empress!
This video plays during the tutorial. Phantom reveals himself and proves the Skaia that Hilla had was a fake. The skills that Phantom used look really cool! Karma, Hyper Body, and Hurricane! There are now English subtitles! If you don’t see them, try pressing the CC button.
Phantom has two weapons! The first is the Cane, his main weapon. Phantom’s attacking skills use this, and in addition, the Cane can change into any type of weapon, which is used when Phantom steals skills from other classes. The secondary weapon is the Cards, which are thrown by Phantom in some of his skills. These Cards can have potential.
Starting from his second job advancement, Phantom has a Card Stack on the side of his screen. This Card Stack is used in the beginner skill Judgement which can be used when the stack is full.
This stack starts off at 20 cards in second job (because of Blanc Carte) and increases to 40 cards in fourth job (because of Noir Carte).
Now for the skills! Thanks to Fiel of Southperry for the skill animations that do not have a character in them! Also, sorry about the speed of the aforementioned animations that do have a character in them, I’ll try to fix that soon… The skills are not actually that fast haha.
Phantom Junior (beginner)
- Steal Skill: When used, you will enter Steal Skill Mode, which allows you to click on an Adventurer (except Dual Bladers and Cannon Shooters) and choose which skills you want to steal in the Target Skill window. You cannot steal a passive skill, a summon, or a movement skill. Stolen skills will stay with you until you decide to delete them yourself.
- Skill Management: Manage your stolen skills, choosing which to be active and which to delete. You have 4 slots for first and second job, 3 for third job, and 2 for fourth job. However, if you use a skill then switch active skills, the effect of the first skill will disappear.
- Judgement: When the Card Stack is full, this skill can be used. All the cards will be used up and a buff will be given for 30 seconds depending on the card drawn. Fortune Card – 5% critical chance increase, Misfortune Card – 10% item and drop rate increase. When used, 5 Blanc Cartes are thrown.
- Judgement (upgrade): Automatically upgraded at fourth job. Fortune Card – 10% critical chance increase, Misfortune Card – 20% item and drop rate increase, 3 new cards: Endurance Card – 20% increase in status and elemental resistance, Guardian Card – 100% defense increase, Drain Card – 3% of your damage is used to heal HP. When used, 10 Noir Cartes are thrown.
- Phantom Shroud: Conceal yourself and move quickly through a map. The arrow keys are used to define which direction to teleport in.
- Return of Phantom: Return to Phantom’s flying ship, Crystal Garden, instantly.
- High Dexterity: Permanently increase DEX by 40, base avoid by 20%, Craft level to 20, and Insight level to 20.
- Deadly Instinct: With great insight, see the flaws of monsters and increase your critical chance by 10%. (Link Skill)
- Double Piercing: Quickly attack up to 4 enemies in front of you for 160% damage twice. (max level: 20)
- Swift Phantom: While in the air, you can jump a certain distance (distance will increase as skill level increases). Passively increase your speed by 35, your maximum speed by 20, and your jump by 20. (max level: 15)
- Quick Evasion: Increase your base avoid permanently by 20%. (max level: 10)
- Talent of Phantom Thief I: The stolen first job skill. If the skill has a passive effect, you do not receive that passive effect. You can change the settings of your stolen skills with Skill Management. Stolen skills will not exceed the current level of this skill. (max level: 20)
- Breeze Carte: Throw a wave of cards to push back up to 10 enemies in front of you and hit them for 320% damage. (max level: 20)
- Call of Fate: Throw Phantom’s secondary weapon, Cards, forward to attack up to 3 enemies for 170% damage 3 times. (max level: 20)
- Blanc Carte: Whenever Phantom has a critical hit, there is a 60% chance that enemies will be automatically hit by a Card for 160% damage. The Card Stack will be increased by 1. (max level: 10)
- Cane Mastery: Increase your mastery over the Cane by 50% and your accuracy by 200. (max level: 20)
- Cane Booster: Increase the speed of your weapon by 2 stages for 240 seconds.(pre-requisite: 5 Cane Mastery) (max level: 20)
- Luck Monopoly: Permanently increase your LUK by 40. (max level: 10)
- Talent of Phantom Thief II: The stolen second job skill. If the skill has a passive effect, you do not receive that passive effect. You can change the settings of your stolen skills with Skill Management. Stolen skills will not exceed the current level of this skill. (max level: 20)
- Coat of Arms: Quickly cut up to 8 enemies in front of you for 225% damage 4 times. (max level: 20)
- Phantom Charge: Rush up to 10 enemies and hit them for 270% damage 2 times, then shortly after moving hit them with a crescent moon cut for 270% damage 3 times. You can link this attack after Breeze Carte, and if you do, Breeze Carte’s delay will be reduced. Passively increase Breeze Carte’s damage by 50%. (max level: 20)
- Flash and Flee: Have an additional 30% evasion rate. (max level: 20)
- Acute Sense: Permanently increase your chance to hit a critical by 50%. (max level: 20)
- Luck of Phantom Thief: If you were to die while this buff was active, your HP would be restored, you would receive 4 seconds of invincibility, and the buff would be consumed instead. Passively increase your LUK by 60. There is a cooldown of 900 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Misfortune Protection: For 240 seconds, protect yourself from misfortune by increasing your HP and MP by 30% and your resistance to states and elements by 40%.(max level: 20)
- Moonlight: Using the power of the blue moon, increase your attack by 30 and your accuracy by 200 for 240 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Talent of Phantom Thief III: The stolen third job skill. If the skill has a passive effect, you do not receive that passive effect. You can change the settings of your stolen skills with Skill Management. Stolen skills will not exceed the current level of this skill. (max level: 20)
- Ultimate Drive: Continuously attack up to 6 enemies in front of you with your Cane for 130% damage 2 times, you can move while holding the skill key down but your walking speed will be decreased while using it. (max level: 30)
- Twilight: Jump back and attack up to 10 enemies with powerful Cards for 600% three times. You can link this attack after Phantom Charge, and if you do, Phantom Charge’s delay will be reduced. Passively increase Phantom Charge’s damage by 50%. (max level: 20)
- Noir Carte: Whenever Phantom has a critical hit, there is a 100% chance that enemies will be automatically hit by a Card for 220% damage. The Card Stack will be increased by 1. Passively increase evasion rate by 20%. (pre-requisite: 20 Blanc Carte) (max level: 20)
- Cane Expert: Increase your Cane Mastery to 70%, your attack by 30, and your minimum critical damage by 15%. (pre-requisite: 20 Cain Mastery) (max level: 30)
- Pray of Aria: Aria’s prayers allow you to ignore 30% of an enemy’s defense and increases your damage by 30% for 240 seconds. (max level: 30)
- Tempest of Card: A growing storm of powerful Cards attacks up to 8 enemies around Phantom for 400% damage continuously for as long as the skill key is held down. There is a cooldown of 12 seconds, which starts once you release the skill key. (max level: 30)
- Soul Steal: Steal the buffs of up to 12 monsters around you. If the monster has no buff, there is no effect. If you steal an attack related buff, you receive a 40 attack boost. If you steal a defense related buff, you reduce your damage taken by 40%. If you steal a damage reflection buff, you reflect 600% of the damage you take. If you steal an invincibility buff, you receive temporary invincibility. There is a cooldown of 60 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Talent of Phantom Thief IV: The stolen fourth job skill. If the skill has a passive effect, you do not receive that passive effect. You can change the settings of your stolen skills with Skill Management. Stolen skills will not exceed the current level of this skill. (max level: 30)
- Maple Warrior: Increases all players’ stats within the party by 15% for 900 seconds. (max level: 30)
- Hero’s Will: By focusing your mind, you can ignore abnormal status effects. There is a cooldown of 360 seconds. (max level: 5)