kMS ver. 1.2.163 – Resistance Reorganization, Cherry Blossom Castle, & Chaos Pink Bean!
This patch was pretty much exactly the same stuff that was added in the last Tespia patch. Since I’m super super short of time, I just copied my last post, but added in new pictures, and of course the new events!
Additional prizes were added to the PvP! When acquiring Emblems from the BP Exchanger, you have a chance of getting Secret Super Fight’s Blessing Potion, which gives you some experience. If you get more than 4 Emblems in one day, you can get one free Super Fight Pouch.
Gladiator Mode for people over level 160 was added in the Grand Battle. In this mode, you have a chance to receive Gladiator Pouches which contain special Title items.
A new boss, Chaos Pink Bean, has been added! Pink Bean has been corrupted by the power of darkness. Chaos Pink Bean can be fought by those above level 170, with 3 or more people.
Chaos Pink Bean comes with many new prizes.
- Chaos Pink Bean Hat (27 all stats, 30 HP, 200 def, m. def, and accuracy, 100 avoid, 1 attack and magic attack, 10 slots, level 135, untradeable when equipped, PSoK required after equipping) and Suit (32 all stats, 350 def, 50 accuracy and avoid, 2 attack and magic attack, 12 slots, level 135, untradeable when equipped, PSoK required after equipping) , when worn together you will receive a set effect (1 attack and magic attack, 200 accuracy and avoid, 15% HP and MP, 3 all stats)
- Black Bean Hat and Suit, when worn together you will receive a set effect (3 attack and magic attack, 200 accuracy and avoid, 15% HP and MP, 5 all stats)
- Chaos Pink Bean Mark (7 all stats, 120 def and m. def, 1 attack and magic attack, 30 accuracy and avoid, 5 slots, level 135, untradeable) and a Loveless weapon, when worn together you will receive a set effect (300 defense and magic defense, 10 attack and magic attack)
- Black Bean Hat and Suit have random stats when they are dropped
Loveless weapons are another reskinned Reverse/Timeless set, although they have really good stats. They are untradeable upon equipping though. Chaos Pink Bean will also drop Timeless equipment, Fearless equipment recipes, and Rocks of Time.
Hilla’s difficulty has been decreased as well as her HP, and the drop rate for the Dark Soul pet, pet equipment scrolls, and Necro weapons has been increased.
A new theme dungeon, Cherry Blossom Castle has been added! It’s for levels 70 to 80~ It’s based off of Kaede Castle in JMS!
The boss of this theme dungeon is the Giant Toad, he’s pretty hard for this level range so you’ll have to party with others!
For completing this theme dungeon, you’ll receive the Samurai Helmet (4 to all stats, 50 defense and magic defense, 10 slots) and the Cherry Blossom Samurai medal (3 to all stats, 230 HP and MP, 50 defense and magic defense).
You can now change your shop title without having to close it! Also, when using the Owl of Minerva, you can now search for items with potential, arrange by the number of stars on an item or by cheapest price.
The Resistance have received a reorganization! Their skills have been strengthened. Until July 11, there will be a higher chance to see Jaira, and the Snow White Jaguar will be available to catch as well.
A new skill has been added for Mechanics that allow them to change the colour of their metal armor. You must use the Metal Armor Conversion Chip, that can be bought from Checky for 1m mesos. It will then randomly change your metal armor’s color! There are more colours in addition to the ones above, such as green, yellow, pink, and purple~
I noticed that changing the colour of your metal armor also changes your skill effect colours!
Mechanic’s metal armor equipment now have set effects! Level 50 and 70 metal armor equipment are now sold in Edelstein~
- Level 50: 1 to all stats (3 items)
- Level 70: 50 defense (3 items), 1 to all stats and 1 attack (5 items)
- Level 85: 100 defense (3 items), 3 to all stats and 1 attack (5 items)
- Level 100: 150 defense (3 items), 4 to all stats and 2 attack (5 items)
- Level 120: 200 defense (3 items), 5 to all stats and 3 attack (5 items)
Mechanics have received a secondary weapon, the Magnum. You will receive these at each of your job advancements, and if you have already done them (i.e. you are above level 120), you can talk to Maple Admin to receive yours. However, only the fourth job Magnum has potential.
- Magnum (level 10): 3 dex, 40 accuracy, untradeable and cannot have potential
- Spirit Magnum (level 30): 5 dex, 60 accuracy, untradeable and cannot have potential
- Vital Magnum (level 70): 7 dex, 80 accuracy, untradeable and cannot have potential
- Eternal Magnum (level 120): 10 dex, 120 accuracy, untradeable, comes unidentified
- Triple Blow (1st): delay has been decreased, range has been increased
- Finish Attack (1st): is no longer an active skill, now has a 40% chance to hit an extra 150% damage (max level: 10)
- Quad Blow (2nd): delay has been decreased, range has been increased
- Staff Booster (2nd): duration has been increased from 120 seconds to 200 seconds
- Death Blow (3rd): delay has been decreased, range has been increased, ignoring monster’s defense effect has been removed
- Super Body (3rd): cooldown has been decreased from 120 seconds to 90 seconds, can no longer be dispelled
- Teleport Mastery (3rd): damage has been increased from 300% to 340%
- Finish Blow (4th): delay has been decreased, range has been increased, ignore monster’s defense effect has been removed, now has a 90% chance to stun enemies and increase your critical chance by 25% for 4 seconds
- Advanced Dark Aura (4th): now has a 50% chance to inflict Dot on a monster for 260% damage every second for 8 seconds, can be stacked up to 3 times, damage to monsters around you has been removed
- Cyclone (4th): now as you hold down the skill key, you will pull in monsters around you and damage them until you let go of the key, damage has been decreased from 500% to 360%, number of monsters hit has been increased from 6 to 8, cooldown has been decreased from 40 seconds to 12 seconds, number of hits has been decreased from 2 to 1, delay has been decreased
- Dark Genesis (4th): damage has been decreased from 2000% to 1075%, number of hits has been increased from 1 to 2, cooldown has been decreased from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- NEW SKILL: Battle Rage (4th): Concentrate in order to increase your damage by 40%, critical chance by 20%, minimum critical damage by 15% for 240 seconds, during which all of your skills will hit only one monster at a time. There is a cooldown of 270 seconds. Passive effect – increase your HP and MP by 30%, defense and magic defense by 150%, and the amount of a monster’s defense ignored by 30%
- REMOVED SKILL: Energize (4th)
- Triple Shot (1st): damage has been increased from 120% to 130%
- REMOVED SKILL: Swallow (2nd)
- Mine (2nd): max level has been decreased from 20 to 10
- Jaguar Roar (2nd): max level has been decreased from 20 to 15, range has been increased
- NEW SKILL: Silver Hawk: Summon a silver hawk to attack enemies for 270% damage with an 84% chance to stun enemies for 1 second. (max level: 15)
- NEW SKILL: Howling (2nd): The jaguar lets out a strong howl to empower himself by decreasing damage taken by 20%, increasing avoid and MP by 20%, and critical chance by 5%, in addition the entire party’s damage is increased by 10% for 240 seconds. There is a cooldown of 240 seconds. (max level: 20)
- Cross Road (3rd): knockback distance has been increased
- Blind (3rd): now affects bosses
- Beast Form (3rd): attack boost has been increased from 20% to 30%, now increases weapon speed by 1, duration has been increased from 120 seconds to 150 seconds, cannot be dispelled anymore
- Wild Trap (3rd): max level has been decreased from 20 to 15
- Riding Mastery (3rd): max level has been decreased from 20 to 15
- NEW SKILL: Dodge (3rd): You have a 30% evasion rate, and if a monster’s attack misses on you, you will have 100% critical chance for the next second. (max level: 10)
- NEW SKILL: Concentrate (3rd): For 180 seconds, increase your attack by 30 and decrease the MP used by 25%. (max level: 20)
- MOVED SKILL: Silver Hawk (3rd)
- Wild Instinct (4th): monster’s defense ignored has been increased from 20% to 30%, now gives 10% passive elemental resistance
- Sonic Boom (4th): range has been increased, damage has been decreased from 1010% to 200%, number of hits has been increased from 1 to 6
- Flash Rain (4th): cooldown has been decreased from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- NEW SKILL: Hidden Piece (beginner): When used, your metal armor’s colour will change and your damage, HP, and MP will be increased by 10%. On/off skill.
- Drill Rush (1st): damage has been increased from 180% to 200%
- Gatling Shot (1st): damage has been increased from 80% to 100%
- Atomic Hammer (2nd): delay has been decreased, chance to stun has been increased from 60% to 80%, duration of stun has been increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds
- Heavy Weapon Mastery (2nd): damage boost to Gatling Gun has been increased from 75% to 90%
- Satellite (3rd): damage has been increased from 240% to 270%
- Rocket Punch (3rd): damage has been decreased from 640% to 180%, number of hits has been increased from 1 to 4, stun duration has been increased from 3 to 4 seconds
- Heavy Machine Gun (3rd): damage has been increased from 100% to 120%
- Accelerator (3rd): max level has been decreased from 15 to 10
- Healing Robot (3rd): max level has been decreased from 20 to 10
- NEW SKILL: Over Tuning (3rd): The metal armor is greatly enhanced for 150 seconds, increasing damage by 30%. There is a cooldown of 150 seconds. Passive effect – ignore 30% of a monster’s defense. (max level: 15)
- Robot Mastery (4th): Summon duration and self destruct damage of robots has been increased from 50% to 70%
- Safety (4th): max level has been decreased from 25 to 20
- Laser Blast (4th): number of hits has been increased from 3 to 4
- Missile Tank (4th): damage has been increased from 115% to 130%
- Titan (4th): cooldown has been decreased from 30 seconds to 20 seconds
- NEW SKILL: Double Lucky Dice (4th): When using Lucky Dice, there is a 50% chance to roll another dice for two buffs. If you land doubles, you will get an increased effect. (max level: 5)
In order to celebrate the Resistance reorganization, there are two new events. The first is the Resistance Character Creation event! It lasts until July 4. To participate, you must have a main character set on your MapleStory account.
After that, you will receive a popup that gives you the Resistance Parallel Coupon! This coupon allows you to create a level 30 Resistance right off the bat! It gives you the character slot for this new Resistance as well~ Then you must go to your coupons on the homepage and redeem this Coupon.
Then you can go into the Cash Shop in-game, on the character that was set on the homepage, to receive this coupon. Double click it and you’ll receive the choice to create a Battle Mage, Wild Hunter, or Mechanic.
Afterwards, go to your character selection screen and you’ll see this special sign. You can then create your Resistance, choose its name and looks, and start your game with an instant level 30!
That’s not all, any Resistance created during this event will receive a gold bag, that when opened, will give a random coin that can be NPCed for money. The coin can be worth from a mere 100k to a whopping 1 billion mesos! You’ll also get a free Baby Tiger pet that expires in 30 days.
The second event is the Resistance Reorganization Celebration event, which lasts until July 11~
First off, new Resistance created during this event will receive LARGE experience boosts! Levels 1 to 29 get 4x experience, levels 30 to 69 get 3x experience, and levels 70 to 119 get 2x experience.
All Battle Mages, Wild Hunters, and Mechanics will receive a 3 day Sp Reset Scroll when they log in. Mechanics will also receive a Metal Armor Conversion Chip. They can use this chip after completing the <Secret of the Metal Armor> quest to randomly change the colour of their metal armor.
Newly created Resistance characters that reach level 50 will receive the 2012 Resistance Ring, which gives 3 to all stats, 50 HP and MP, and 3 attack and magic attack. If you are a 3rd or 4th job Battle Mage, Wild Hunter, or Mechanic, you’ll receive an extra 5% critical chance and 2 to all stats.
This ring can be traded through the account with the Share Name Tag. This ring cannot be worn with the Adventurer Rings, Lilin’s Ring, or the Resistance Ring.
At level 75, newly created Resistance characters will receive special weapons! Battle Mages receive the Resistance Staff (113 magic attack, 7 slots, an extra 8 magic attack if you are above level 100), Wild Hunters receive the Resistance Crossbow (98 attack, 7 slots, an extra 8 attack if you are above level 100), and Mechanics receive the Resistance Gun (74 attack, 7 slots, an extra 6 attack if you are above level 100).
These weapons are untradeable, but come with hidden potential. They are Epic on reveal!
Resistance characters who do their second job advancement during this event will receive the Resistance Earrings (3 to all stats, 1 attack and magic attack). Those who do their third job advancement will receive a special 70% scroll for their type of weapon, and finally those who do the 4th job advancement during this event will receive a free Special Mastery Book~
Resistance characters created during this event will receive a special buff at level 10. This use item will not go away when you use it, and will expire on the 12th of July. Depending on your level it will give different bonuses!
At level 10, the base effects of the buff are 10 magic attack and 100 MP (for Battle Mages) and 10 attack and 100 HP (for Wild Hunters and Mechanics). For every 5 levels after that until level 100, you’ll get an extra 1 magic attack and 100 MP or 1 attack and 100 HP added on to the effects of your buff!
All Resistance that are level 30 or over will receive the Resistance Support Capsule. This capsule can be used to gain a certain amount of experience! Levels 1~50 will receive 10%, levels 50~99 will receive 5%, and levels 100~149 will receive 2%. Levels 150 and over do not receive anything if they use this capsule.
The capsule can be traded through the account, so choose which of your characters will get the experience! After July 11, if you haven’t used the capsule, it will no longer give experience.
There are also a couple of Hot Times! On June 23, you’ll receive a 2 Star Enhancement Scroll and an AP Reset Scroll. On June 24, you’ll receive a Meso Ranger Experience Enhancement Elixir, which gives you 50% experience when used!
One other event was added in this patch, the Meso Ranger Entrance Exam event! Dr. Kim and Pepper of Omega Sector will be testing you to see if you are able to become a Meso Ranger! This event will run until July 11.
In order to become a Meso Ranger, you’ll have to show off your qualifications! You can do this by collecting these orbs from monsters or quests. There are three types (Courage, Will, and Trust) as well as three colours. To start the exam, you must have one of each type, it doesn’t matter what colour they are.
However, blue orbs will show that you’re more qualified and give you more bonus points. Similarly, red orbs are the best qualifications and will give you even more bonus points in your interview!
You can also show off your great qualities (Being on time, having a great smile, dressing for success, and being a hard worker~) by collecting 10 of each book then combining them into a big one.
These books will also give you bonus points in your interview~
After the General and Pepper add up your bonus points from your presentation, Dr. Kim will ask you a few questions which will determine your final score. Then they’ll add it all up!
If your total score is over 1000, congratulations, you’re the newest Meso Ranger!
If you’re able to get over 1000 points on the exam, you’ll receive Pepper’s Celebration Box as well as a random Meso Ranger equipment! However, if you did not reach 1000, you’ll only get Pepper’s Celebration Box.
There are 6 different helmets, suits, and a pair of shoes and gloves. It is possible that you’ll get equipment for the other gender, so you’ll probably have to do this quiz a few times before you can get a full set!
The Meso Ranger Helmets are level 75 and give 8 to all stats, 75 defense and magic defense, and 6 accuracy and avoid. They are untradeable upon equipping and have 7 slots. The Meso Ranger Suits give 7 to all stats, 50 HP and MP, and 150 defense and magic defense. They are untradeable upon equipping and have 10 slots.
The Meso Ranger Gloves are level 75, give 6 to all stats and 1 attack and magic attack. They are untradeable upon equipping and have 5 slots. The Meso Ranger Boots are level 75, give 5 to all stats, 50 defense and magic defense, and 3 speed and jump. They are untradeable upon equipping and have 5 slots.
In addition, there are set effects for wearing them together! If you’re wearing a Helmet and Suit of the same colour, you’ll receive an extra 8 all stats, 500 HP and MP, and 10 attack and magic attack. If you’re wearing the gloves and shoes together, you’ll receive an extra 3 attack and magic attack and 100 defense and magic defense.
Pepper’s Celebration Box has a lot of potential prizes! Here’s a list:
- Omega Sector/Ludibrium Warp Capsule
- 1.5x Drop or Exp Coupons
- Summoning Sack
- Mystery Mastery Book
- Personality trait potions
- Grey Transformation Item
- Giant Potion
- Meso Ranger equipment scrolls
- Ore/Jewel/Crystal Bags (double click them for a random ore, jewel, or crystal)
- 7 Day Riding Coupons (Racing Kart, Autobike, Powered Suit, Pink Scooter)
- Soul Teddy Chair, Davy Jones Chair, Pink Beach Parasol
This event is an attendance check! For each day you do an entrance exam, you’ll receive prizes~
- 1 day: Power Elixirs
- 2 days: Space Ship Riding (7 days)
- 3 days: Meso Ranger Miraculous Chaos Scroll
- 4 days: Pendant of the Spirit
- 5 days: Chaos Scroll
- 6 days: Advanced Potential Scroll
- 7 days: Meso Ranger Android Coupon
- 8 days: Mysterious Love Letter